John Hopkins Contact Tracing Course
Learn about the science of SARS-CoV-2, including the infectious period, the clinical presentation of COVID-19, and the evidence for how SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted from person-to-person and why contact tracing can be such an effective public health intervention.
SHARE FACTS ABOUT COVID-19
Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors.
Diseases can make anyone sick regardless of their race or ethnicity.
For most people, the immediate risk of becoming seriously from the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low
Someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation does not pose a risk of infection to other people.
There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
You can help stop COVID-19 by knowing the signs and symptoms.
What To Do &
How to Cope At Home
Keeping Your Kids Busy
Sarasota County Schools Drive-Thru Meal Service
Feeding America Food Pantries
Help and recipes for families to be able to make affordable, healthy meals:
No Kid Hungry website:
No Kid Hungry Emergency Grant Application in response to COVID-19:
Florida Department of Health
COVID-19 24 hour hotline
For More COVID-19 Resources
World Health Organization
National Center for Biotechnology Information: Rapid Access to SARS-COV-2 Data
Book Excerpt- Features, Evaluation and Treatment COVID-19
Johns Hopkins Webcast on COVID-19
John Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
Coronavirus: Why systematic Problems Leave U.S. at Risk
The History of Pandemics
Mass. General Grand Rounds COVID-19
CDC on COVID- 19
Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard
National Medical Association
Florida Department of Health Updates and Information
Case by Case Daily report FL Dept of Health…statistical (graphs etc) data
Empowering Voices Dr. Lisa Merritt Explains Why Covid-19 Can Worsen Diabetes & Hypertension - 03/22/2020
Resources Recommended by the National Medical Association
1. For information regarding Screening for SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19:
2. For information on the Economic Effects of COVID-19 on Minorities:
3. For information regarding Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings:
4. For information on Managing Stress associated with COVID-19:
5. For information on the level of Global Disease Burden:
6. For information on the Outpatient Management for Pregnant Women With Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19:
7. For information on COVID-19 in the Pediatric Population:
8. For information on Hospital Care of COVID-19 patients, including ICU:
9. For information on Updated Telehealth and HIPAA guidelines:
10. For information regarding Legal Issues and COVID-19: